How do aging and age-related hearing loss affect the ability to communicate effectively in challenging communicative conditions?
• The 1000 to 3000 Hz frequency range is rich with acoustic cues. Even a mild hearing loss only in this area can affect how well speech is perceived.
• Some hearing losses, although mild, actually may cause greater issues understanding in noise than more severe types of hearing loss.
• Hearing loss can also impact how you speak.
• Even mild hearing losses effect how well you communicate with others.
• Is your hearing loss causing your loved ones vocal strain?
CITATION: Valerie Hazan, et.al, How do aging and age-related hearing loss affect the ability to communicate effectively in challenging communicative conditions?, Hearing Research, Volume 369,2018,Pages 33-41,ISSN 0378-5955, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heares.2018.06.009.